1

I'm trying to run makeglossaries in TexStudio (and TexMaker). It seems that this doesn't have any effect on the glossary printed. This problem persisted after switching from windows to linux

I run (which is supposed to do all the work I need :D):

pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex | makeglossaries % | pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex | bibtex %.aux | pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex | pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex | txs:///view

on something like that:

\documentclass[
12pt,
BCOR=10mm,
listof=totoc,
bibliography=totoc
]
{scrbook} 
\usepackage{mathptmx} 
\usepackage[]{inputenc}
\usepackage{parskip}
\usepackage[british]{babel}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,amstext}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{tabularx}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\usepackage[bookmarksopenlevel=section]{hyperref}
\usepackage[toc, xindy, nonumberlist]{glossaries}
\usepackage{cite}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{listings}
\usepackage[svgnames]{xcolor}
\usepackage{tikz} %enables diagram painting
\usetikzlibrary{backgrounds}
\usepackage[font=footnotesize,labelfont=bf]{caption}
\usepackage{float}%enables force position for images
\loadglsentries[main]{07_glossary/glossary.tex}  %load glossary file    

% Bibliography
\bibliographystyle{acm}


% Glossary
\makeglossaries
\setglossarystyle{list}

\begin{document}

\selectlanguage{british}

...


\twocolumn
\printglossaries

...

\end{document}

The first time I run my custom "makeglossaries" it build me a glossary with content, but since then it won't include any changes.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Greetings hornhaut

EDIT:

In 07_glossary/glossary.tex there are entries like:

\newglossaryentry{sdk}{
    type=\acronymtype, 
    name={SDK},
    first={Software Development Kit (SDK)},
    description={A Software Development Kit consists out of tools and applications needed to enable functions of a certain type of software},
    plural={SDKs},
    firstplural={Software Development Kits (SDKs)}
    }

The entries are all the same (I always copied this entry end changed name, description, sometimes removed plural and firstplural and double checked if I've used the commas correctly)

closed as off-topic by Joseph Wright Jul 30 '14 at 8:31

  • This question does not fall within the scope of TeX, LaTeX or related typesetting systems as defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Welcome to TeX.SX. Your document is not compilable, since the entries in 07_glossary/glossary.tex are unavailable to users here – user31729 Jul 29 '14 at 8:19
  • 1
    After you made the changes, did the rerun of makeglossaries display any error messages? Are there any messages in the .glg file? Is the time stamp on the .gls file more recent than the time stamp on the .glo file? Does the .glo file contain the changes that you made? (Please can you trim down your example code to a proper minimal working example (MWE). There's a lot of code there that's not relevant.) – Nicola Talbot Jul 29 '14 at 11:53
  • Do you actually use any of the entries in the document? Please make your code both more minimal (as Nicola Talbot asked) and compilable so that it reproduces the problem. Otherwise, people are just whistling in the dark! – cfr Jul 29 '14 at 12:24
  • OK, I printed my glossary and double checked it again. Actually I found a missing comma :/ Sorry for the unnecessary question. At least now I know how to phrase the question. Wasn't aware that you are compiling the code, as in e.g. stackoverflow it usually is sufficient to paste the code where I assume that the error might be... I promise improvement :) Thanks for the help. – hornhaut Jul 29 '14 at 14:17
  • This question appears to be off-topic because it is about a user error in input (missing comma) – Joseph Wright Jul 30 '14 at 8:31

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.