1

For the following bib entry

@article {CAIM:CAIM475,
author = {Gassmann, Oliver and Zeschky, Marco},
title = {Opening up the Solution Space: The Role of Analogical Thinking for Breakthrough Product Innovation},
journal = {Creativity and Innovation Management},
volume = {17},
number = {2},
publisher = {Blackwell Publishing Ltd},
issn = {1467-8691},
url = {http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8691.2008.00475.x},
doi = {10.1111/j.1467-8691.2008.00475.x},
pages = {97--106},
year = {2008},
}

I get the error

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
\hyper@normalise ->\begingroup \catcode `\

                                           \active \def 
{ }\catcode `\%\act...
l.8 ...x.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8691.2008.00475.x}

That error vanishes if I remove the url entry. I am sure that something is wrong with the syntax. I exported the bibtex citation from the article website:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-8691.2008.00475.x/full

Any clues on what is wrong with the url line?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Sean Allred, Joseph Wright Mar 7 '15 at 23:21

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    We are going to need a minimal working example showing your LaTeX input here: there's nothing obvious about the .bib entry to raise concerns. – Joseph Wright Nov 13 '14 at 9:23
  • I do not get any errors pertaining to my latex entry per se. As I mentioned, if I were to remove the url field in the bib entry, the PDF output is generated without any errors. Here is a similar link I found in one of the previous discussions which mentions about url related issue: tex.stackexchange.com/questions/24247/… I see a similar error in my case as well. – Vinod Nov 14 '14 at 0:48
  • While the fact that removing the url field removes the issue tells us there is possibly something wrong with your document class or bibstyle in terms of url formatting, it's not going to get us to an answer. We need to see an example of your LaTeX input: that is where the issue will be. – Joseph Wright Nov 14 '14 at 7:05

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.