1

I tried to put a box around a definition, but got an error. The problem is, I am using a huge template, so I do not really understand most of the settings.

If I add this to my file:

\begin{tcolorbox}[title=bla]
blu
\end{tcolorbox}

LaTeX tells me "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [grouping levels=255]".

If I comment out the following lines, it works, but since I have no idea what they do exactly I would prefer not to touch them, as otherwise I might have to read the whole document again:

\KOMAoptions{
     parskip=relative,  % change indentation according to fontsize (recommanded)
   %parskip=absolute, % do not change indentation according to fontsize
   parskip=false        % indentation of 1em
   % parskip=true       % parksip of 1 line - with free space in last line of 1em
   % parskip=full-      % parksip of 1 line - no adjustment
   % parskip=full+      % parksip of 1 line - with free space in last line of 1/4
   % parskip=full*      % parksip of 1 line - with free space in last line of 1/3
   % parskip=half       % parksip of .5line - with free space in last line of 1em
   % parskip=half-      % parksip of .5line - no adjustment
   % parskip=half+      % parksip of .5line - with free space in last line of 1/3
   % parskip=half*      % parksip of .5line - with free space in last line of 1em
}

It SEEMS to me that I would not change much, but some packages seem to be loaded only once others are loaded and so on. So to come to end end with my rambling - what happens here!?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Johannes_B, Mico, moewe, Svend Tveskæg, user11232 Oct 8 '15 at 8:13

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 7
    Actually, you can provide a minimal example: it just will take time to construct it. It will also probably be tedious and annoying to do so: that's the nature of the game, sometimes. (Make a copy of the file; then slowly comment out bit by bit.) However, that might still be quicker than getting a answer because someone just automagically knows the solution. I also suspect (not promise) that almost all of the three-file preamble is unneeded, but it depends how they are organized.... – jon Feb 24 '15 at 23:44
  • 4
    That example is minimal, but it doesn't show the problem so it is not helpful for finding the problem. You need to work from the file that is causing the problems. Start by commenting out some of the text between \begin{document} and \end{document}. Once you have isolated the relevant chunk, then you can try to remove superfluous preamble elements. (E.g., it is unlikely to be related to your fonts.) – jon Feb 25 '15 at 0:10
  • 1
    @clemens -- Well, I don't remember this conversation very well, but I believe my point was that an M(N)WE should be minimal in the way I showed, not that that was itself the example. I thought the OP would add back in "the conflicting lines" to the MWE I provided in the comment. I'm guessing the OP found the solution and never posted back.... – jon Sep 19 '15 at 16:57
  • 1
    @Johannes_B I can't reproduce the problem. – esdd Oct 8 '15 at 6:53
  • 1
    @esdd Voted as unclear. – Johannes_B Oct 8 '15 at 6:59