In James Munkres' classic topology textbook, he writes a topology T using a typeface I am unfamiliar with.

I tried looking it up using detexify and checking commonly used character sets but the closest I could find was a capital fraktur I.


  • 2
    Hi, could you please post an image of how the letter looks like?
    – yo'
    Mar 19, 2015 at 8:57
  • Instead of linking, you could make a screenshot, clip the image to show just a few symbols and post it here. The pdf file you linked to is quite large.
    – Johannes_B
    Mar 19, 2015 at 9:02
  • That looks like \mathcal or some script T.
    – Johannes_B
    Mar 19, 2015 at 9:03
  • @Johannes_B I have updated my post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    – Echan
    Mar 19, 2015 at 9:08
  • 1
    I would simply dupe that to What are all the font styles I can use in math mode? You can pick one from the very very good answer. Most likely, you want eulervm.
    – Johannes_B
    Mar 19, 2015 at 9:08


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.