How do I type this ·; in LaTeX?

  • Maybe try $\cdot$; – Steven B. Segletes May 21 '15 at 10:26
  • Welcome to tex.sxe ! Could you provide more informations on that symbol? What is it for, what its name, what is its utf8 code (look at fileformat.info/info/unicode/utf8.htm)? Is it just a comma followed by a semi-colon? – Clément May 21 '15 at 10:26
  • @Clément it's U+00b7 MIDDLE DOT U+003b SEMICOLON – David Carlisle May 21 '15 at 10:27
  • 2
    you have tagged this biblatex, do you need this in a bibliography rather than in math? – David Carlisle May 21 '15 at 10:27
  • thanks all, the methods you guys suggest are all working. sorry for the wrong tag "biblatex" . I have changed it to latex – user3168226 May 21 '15 at 14:09

The symbol in the question consists of U+00B7 MIDDLE DOT and the semicolon. This can be set in different ways in LaTeX, for example:




  \dotsemicolonA\ or \dotsemicolonB



May be the “unicode way”:

  I'm new to \LaTeX, and I have no idea how to type this ·; in \LaTeX.

If you don't want to use the unicode point in \DeclareUnicodeCharacter you can use instead

  • 1
    For completion (and directed toward OP), there are also engines that support Unicode directly: XeTeX is very stable and LuaTeX is completely usable. – Sean Allred May 21 '15 at 15:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.