This question already has an answer here:

I have been trying to figure out what these 3 fonts are named for quite a while now and I have been having no success. I did get some help from one of my friends that said the first one was ccr and the last one was cmss. But when I tried searching for them online and trying to use them myself I couldn't do that either. I am a beginner at LaTeX.


On a guide online it told me to use these, but that made the default text a different font, how would I change the font of a specific block of text?


marked as duplicate by Martin Schröder, Werner, Paul Gaborit, user13907, user11232 Oct 12 '15 at 1:04

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Welcome! What are 'these 3 fonts'? Can you please give us a complete example rather than a snippet? We should be able to compile it to reproduce your situation. – cfr Oct 11 '15 at 22:27
  • 1
    Where are the fonts from? You can identify fonts in a PDF by looking at 'Properties' in your viewer or using pdffonts. I'm not clear whether you are trying to change font shape (e.g. for small-caps) or whether you are trying to change to sans/typewriter or whether you are trying to use non-default fonts. – cfr Oct 11 '15 at 22:28

Do you just want to use sans/typewriter/serif small-caps etc.?


\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}% not required but recommended
  You are going

  \texttt{You are going}

  \textsc{You are going}

  \textsf{You are going}

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.