I need to change the appearance of footnotes in a document that uses the
book class. In the document, I am using a custom TrueType font that is scalable and can do half-point sizes, e.g., 10.5 pt, which is the normal size of the text in my document. Here is what I need to do:
- Change the size of the footnote text to 8.5 pt (or a substitute as close as possible).
- Also change the size of the number before the footnote text (but not the mark in the main text) to 8.5 pt and remove superscript formatting.
- Remove the paragraph-like indentation.
- Have a hanging indentation such that the text of a possible second line of text is aligned horizontally with the start of the first line, just like in this enumeration here.
- The horizontal space between the number and the text should be small (i.e., not like the
hangoption in the
- Have about 5 mm horizontal space to the left before the footnote number starts.
I would also be happy to receive answers about a subset of these points if you cannot answer all of them.
Here is a screenshot of the Word template I am trying to imitate:
I am aware that the default footnote style looks better. But this is what my publisher is requesting. Thanks in advance for any hints.