Is there a symbol that means "chapter" the way \S means "section"? I'm not sure what it might look like -- maybe a "C" with a circle in the middle?

closed as off-topic by cfr, Przemysław Scherwentke, darthbith, Werner, Svend Tveskæg Jan 3 '16 at 3:30

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question does not fall within the scope of TeX, LaTeX or related typesetting systems as defined in the help center." – cfr, Przemysław Scherwentke, darthbith, Werner, Svend Tveskæg
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Actually \S rather means paragraph, but this may differ from language to language or country to country. On the other hand: U+00A7 „Section sign“ – user31729 Jan 3 '16 at 1:47
  • @ChristianHupfer In English it means section. There's a different symbol for paragraphs, I think. (Not sure if it only means end of paragraph or new paragraph rather than referring to one, though.) Nothing for chapter that I know of. Just ch. or chap. as abbreviations. – cfr Jan 3 '16 at 1:50
  • This question is really off-topic here. If you had a symbol you wanted to draw, it would be on-topic. But whether there is a symbol for X in a particular language and/or discipline, or which symbol should be used etc. - those are not questions for this site. – cfr Jan 3 '16 at 1:52
  • @cfr OK fair enough. I am pretty sure there is no "official" symbol for chapter, but I guess I thought some LaTeXer might make a suggestion of a LaTeX symbol that s/he tends to use for that purpose. – LarrySnyder610 Jan 3 '16 at 1:58
  • I use p. or ch. depending on language. I'd expect these to be understood. If I invented a symbol for chapters, I'd expect nobody to know what I meant. – cfr Jan 3 '16 at 2:03

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.