3

The other day I was working on my paper, when all entries in the bibliography were suddenly indented -- as if they belong to one entry. Here is a screenshot:

Interestingly, when I copied my bibsettings and tried to make a MWE, the error did not reproduce when I cited a few random entries:

Since they both use the same .bib file, this seemed to suggest that the error is either caused a particular entry not cited in my (failed) MWE, or by some other error in the main document of my paper. Anyhow, maybe some of you recognises this issue and knows a solution -- would be great!

Thanks, M

closed as unclear what you're asking by moewe, user13907, Mensch, Svend Tveskæg, Maarten Dhondt Jan 28 '16 at 10:43

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Mhh, I think I have seen this before when there was an error in one of the bib items, but this is really just a guess. Would it be possible to find the offending entry? It could also be that it is not a certain entry, but something before the bibliography or a \defbibenvironment or something. Do you get any errors or warnings (check the .log file)? – moewe Jan 10 '16 at 7:55
  • Thanks! Strangely, no errors. Also, I don't use the \defbibenvironment but the settings on their own don't reproduce the error so I think its not that... I guess I should inspect all entries but I don't really know what to look for -- any suggestions? – Micha Jan 10 '16 at 13:41
  • Update: I cited all entries in my "MWE" but still the error did not reproduce. I guess It's something in the document after all? Tonight I will try to copy all the content into a new file and see what happens. If, in the meantime anyone has a suggestion, i'd be happy to hear! – Micha Jan 10 '16 at 14:06
  • Mhhh, it could be any number of reasons. Maybe you have a "leaking" environment before the bibliography. Using the binary search method it should hopefully not take too long to create an MWE. – moewe Jan 10 '16 at 16:36
  • 1
    Sorry for the delay! Actually, I stumbled into a more serious error (a fatal error, "you can't use end in internal vertical mode") and started checking, commenting, and modifying all environments. This I did in great panic, since the deadline was approaching. When the fatal error was finally resolved, the bibliography was also fixed. Which means that it was a leaking environment, indeed, but I don't know exactly which one, because I didn't work very systematically, I'm afraid. Thanks a lot for your help! – Micha Jan 21 '16 at 15:44

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.