I have searched quite a bit for something related to what I am trying to create. I am trying to replicate a table with a zig-zag line such as that of the periodic table. I managed to define a new Cline thickness, however that merely draws the thick horizontal line beneath a certain or some cells. I am struggling the draw the thick vertical lines. I have read about multicolumn definitions but do not know if this is merely the approach to follow or if there is a quicker way. In short i just want to add a thick zig-zag line to a table such as that of the periodic table. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you advance.

  • 1
    Welcome to TeX.SX! – JP-Ellis Feb 19 '16 at 13:24
  • Not an answer to your question - just a comment. You may consider producing the table as a graphics, e.g. using the TikZ package. This allows much more variability than a standard table. For example, see the periodic table using TikZ. Of course, it depends on what you are trying to achieve... – Ondrian Feb 19 '16 at 15:02
  • I'd consider a matrix of nodes from tikz – cmhughes Feb 19 '16 at 16:27
  • Could you show us a sample table? It'll help to shape answers.... – cmhughes Feb 19 '16 at 16:33

I guess you want a thick separation line in a tabular environment like so:

enter image description here

Maybe this Questions may help you:

It would really help to know what this is for. Tikz is an easy way for making complex drawings like a periodic table (at least in comparison to Tabular :P).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.