Because the miktex repo is down today, I tried installed the latexdiff package manually. I am using windows 10 by the way.
Here are the steps I followed.
- Installed strawberry perl from http://strawberryperl.com/
- Installed latexdiff by downloading latexdiff from https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages
- Created folder C:\miktex_pkgs
- Moved latexdiff.tar.lzma, miktex-zzdb1-2.9.tar.lzma, and miktex-zzdb2-2.9.tar.lzma and ulem.tar.lzma into the C:\miktex_pkgs folder
- Opened Miktex Settings (Admin), clicked on packges tab, changed Package Repository to C:\miktex_pkgs
- Upon running latexdiff -h on the command line I get the following messages shown in the picture below and also when I run latexdiff old.tex new.dex > diff.tex, the diff.tex file is all corrupted.
What is going on?