I'm writing my report using LYX . I have to integrate bibliography reference. I would know if there is a package to add.
- At the end of your text, select Bibliography in the left drop down menu.
- Optional: Click the
key-1gray box to add a label if you want a author-year citation style, as it should be showed (e.g,
- Write the full reference after
- Press Enter to add the next references (
- In the main text, Insert > Citation ... or go to in the toolbar and select the reference-s to include.
BibTeX bibliography (recommended):
- List item Insert > List/TOC > BibTeX bibliography ... .
- Add... > Browse Add the BibTeX database with the references (external BibTeX files with
.bibextension): Use a program like JabRef to create/edit these references. Each reference should have a unique BibTeXkey (e.g,
- Left the style in
plainat the moment. You can return to this dialog clicking in the generated
BiBTeX Generated Bibliographygray box.
Insert citations exactly as above (select BibTeXkeys as
Smith1981in the same way that you select
Go to Documents > Settings ... > Bibliography if you want a author-year style or some others options. This dialog will add packages as
natbiband the right options when needed.
That is probably the best option for experienced plain LaTeX users, but may be not for new LyX users. But since versión 2.3.0, Lyx have native support of biblatex in the same menu that above, so simply try it.
Add some biblatex to the preamble is still bit more complex that in plain LaTeX, but it is well explained in the link how to solve this.