1

This question already has an answer here:

I've been using titlesec in XeLaTeX for quite a long time and never had problems with it. But recently, I updated it via tlmgr (as I have TeXLive 2015) to 2.10.1 and now I'm facing this situation:

When I load the package, section and subsection numberings disappear. I tried to explicitly show the numbering (see MWE below) without luck. Of course, when I comment the package including line (and its associated commands), the numberings appear again.

Here is a MWE:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{titlesec}
\titleformat{\section}[hang]{\normalfont\Large\bfseries}{\thesection.}{1em}{}[]
\titleformat{\subsection}[hang]{\normalfont\large\bfseries}{\thesubsection.}{0.5em}{}[]
\titleformat{\subsubsection}[runin]{\normalfont\normalsize\bfseries}{\thesubsubsection.}{0.25em}{}[.---]

\begin{document}

\section{A fancy section}

\subsection{A subsection}

\subsubsection{A sub-subsection}

\end{document}

Here is an image of the output I get:

Output of MWE

I've never had this issue since I installed TeXLive. How can I solve it?

EDIT: I forgot to say I have TeXLive in another computer without the update and the MWE works fine. Here is an image of the output:

Output of MWE in another computer

marked as duplicate by egreg numbering Mar 26 '16 at 10:00

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    A temporary bug: see groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.text.tex/MBd3-o2Dzx8 (the fix is already in, so you should be able to update via tlmgr already -- if not, sit tight and you will shortly). – jon Mar 26 '16 at 7:02
  • @jon I've just did that but got no updates. Will try again. – user101590 Mar 26 '16 at 7:03
  • CTAN has version 2.10.2, so if you really can't wait, grab the .tds.zip for now. – jon Mar 26 '16 at 7:06
  • @jon Thanks for the heads up! I tried it again and it seems the server where the program fetches the update hasn't mirrored it. I'll try with another server. Thanks again! – user101590 Mar 26 '16 at 7:31
2

As @jon said, v2.10.1 of titlesec has a bug that the author (Javier Bezos) has already solved. At the time of writing, not every server had the update to use tlmgr. For those having the same problem, use this command (TexLive):

tlmgr update --all -repository http://ctan.math.washington.edu/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/

That server has the update.

Read this link for more information: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.text.tex/MBd3-o2Dzx8