I want to write a bilingual document with paragraph wise parallel translations (two column layout) -- something like this:
- I also want to have structural elements like picture captions and headings in two versions.
- Ideally the caption and heading numbers are the same for both versions/languages.
- I am not looking for a hacky solution.
- I want to use pictures, tables, pgf/tikz and so on in the text.
- I would like to use the koma book class
- Is that (without hacking) possible?
- What package do you recommend?
I list some related packages at the end of the post. I am not sure if a minimal example makes sense here. What do you think?
Related Packages I Found so far
- parcolumns (latest update 2004)
- parrun (latest update 2004)
- parallel (latest update 2003)
- multicolpar (latest update 1993)
- pdfcolparallel (latest update 2016, fixes bugs in parallel)
- pdfcolparcolumns (latest update 2016, fixes bugs in parcolumns)
- paracol (latest update 2018
-->I reported a bug to the author and now I use this package. [as of 2018-10-12])
- There is a package family with a lot of history. The main package ends with edmac. Here's the chronological order (oldest first): edmac, ledmac, eledmac and the current reledmac (last updated 2018). For the parallel feature that I am looking for, the family offers a package that ends with edpar. The current package is called reledpar.
Eventually I found out that there is a CTAN topic page about this (parallel texts/columns) :).
It seeems that there are two current solutions: