Finally, I figured it out with the help of this answer.
The complete steps to configure
arara in TeXstudio on Windows are as follows:
Download and install
arara source file from Github
If you let
arara be installed in the default directory (i.e.
C:\Program Files (x86)\arara), create arara configuration file
araraconfig.yaml in the same directory and edit it to make search path
C:\Program Files (x86)\arara\rules
In Texstudio > Options > Configure Texstudio > Build > User Commands, add the following command
user0:Arara "C:\Program Files (x86)\arara\arara.exe" -v -l %
arara by running the user command
Arara you have just created on the following sample file
% arara: pdflatex
then you will get
SUCCESS in the Messages window and an output PDF file.
Needless to say, the directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\arara should be changed in the previous steps according to the actual one
arara installed in.
I tried to run
arara after installing it in MiKTeX package manager, but I didn't know how to make it working. So far, the first approach seems to be working and straightforward.
Because I have been notified in the comments that this configuration file is not a valid one, I tried to completely remove this config. file and run
arara again. It works flawlessly without any warning of missing configuration file. At the first run, it seems that the
arara was looking for a configuration file in its installation directory regardless its content.
I completely removed
arara installation directory (since uninstaller.jar has no effect) and reinstalled it again without any creation of configuration file, and it works again without any problems.
Maybe, there is some weird thing happened after I created that invalid configuration file (at the very first run) that made everything works normally from then onwards.