I tried to install MiKTeX 2.9. Some information:
- OS: Windows 7, Intel i7, 8 GB RAM.
- MiKTeX install file: setup-2.9.5987.exe
- Install from: local repository (downloaded first), full install.
- Repository date: June 7 2016, version 6002
- I previously used MiKTeX, today I just want to update the whole thing as usual. The update gave unusual error (won't compile pdflatex), so I tried to uninstall-and-install everything.
It went OK (copied all packages) but in the end it showed the error
The operation could not be completed for the following reason:
Too many open files: path="C:\MiKTeX\miktex/config\packages.ini"
Installation log: initializing setup service... starting installer... Loading package database... starting package maintenance... installation directory: C:\MiKTeX package repository: D:\MiKTeX_2.9_Source visiting repository D:\MiKTeX_2.9_Source... repository type: local package repository loading lightweight database... lightweight database digest: f6ae0b4a4f8fe510da4d61a2253d6bd4 going to install 113893 file(s) (3096 package(s)) extracting files from 12many.tar.lzma... extracting files from a0poster.cab... extracting files from a4wide.tar.lzma... extracting files from a5comb.tar.lzma... extracting files from aastex.tar.lzma... extracting files from abc.tar.lzma... ... % SNIP ... extracting files from zxjafbfont.tar.lzma... extracting files from zxjafont.tar.lzma... extracting files from zxjatype.tar.lzma... updating package definition directory (C:\MiKTeX\tpm\packages)... installed 115 package definition files visiting repository D:\MiKTeX_2.9_Source... repository type: local package repository loading lightweight database... Error: Too many open files: path="C:\MiKTeX\miktex/config\packages.ini"
How to proceed?