The symbol I'm looking for is similar to the one produced by \mathfrak{X}, but with a Y instead of an X. I've spent hours looking for this, combed through every character list I can find, tried detexify, and I can't find the answer anywhere. If this question has been asked before, I apologize, please direct me to it, I've looked and haven't found it. Thanks!

  • Welcome to TeX.SX! Should the Y be fraktur too? – egreg Jun 13 '16 at 19:50
  • 2
    Have you got any picture of your Y? I hope that it is not the symbol of yen... – Przemysław Scherwentke Jun 13 '16 at 19:52
  • @egreg Yes, it is exactly like the X, just with a Y. And no,@Przemysław Scherwentke, it is not the symbol for yen. Let me figure out how to upload a picture and I will. – A. R. Jun 13 '16 at 19:55
  • @PrzemysławScherwentke I can't upload a picture, so here's a work-around. Go to this link, you can preview the book. The character I'm looking for is at the top of page 231. – A. R. Jun 13 '16 at 20:11
  • Is it an article of Wojbor Wojczyński? I have not previev of this page, but a visible part is from pre-computer era. – Przemysław Scherwentke Jun 13 '16 at 20:22

Since it is not exactly clear if you want a normal "Y" or a fraktur "Y", I provide both... (note that these are designed to take up the same space as an unadulterated "Y" or \mathfrak{Y})

The stoke elevation can be adjusted with the first argument of \stackengine.

$\strokeY =  X$

$\strokefracY =  X$

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.