I have just setup the nice inverse search feature, from
okular, by using the command
gvim --remote-silent +%l %f as a custom-editor.
It seems to work perfectly fine except a small bug that has been annoying me for the last many hours:
shift+clickis used in
okular, the cursor in the
gvimwindow has indeed moved to the right location, but the window-in-focus (or active window, or current window or window-in-selection) has not been shifted to
gvimwindow. I have to manually select the vim window either by mouse or by keyboard shortcuts such as
On the other hand its annoying to see that, if I used
kile editor to setup this inverse search, the focus is indeed being shifted to
Additionally, there was no such problem with forward search, setup from Vim using the instructions to invoke okular by a system call to
okular --unique .... according to these instructions. The focus indeed shifted to okular as expected.
PS: I am on Ubuntu 14.04