I usually use \fint to denote normalized integration. I would like to produce the same slanted line across a double integral \iint. The command \fiint does not seem to exist. How can I get this notation for normalized double integrals?

  • In contemporary mathematics, the use of double integrals is often considered to be old-fashioned. Aesthetically, it would be rather ugly, in my opinion.
    – Siminore
    Jul 16, 2016 at 15:39
  • Can you provide a pointer to \fint? I don't know what the symbol looks like, or what package provides it. Jul 18, 2016 at 10:25
  • 1
    the package ofr \fint is esint
    – user110191
    Jul 26, 2016 at 3:25

2 Answers 2


Using amsmath, esint and graphicx packages, you can declare the \fiint math operator in your preample, as: \DeclareMathOperator*{\fiint}{\ensuremath{\iint\text{\kern-1.36em{\raisebox{5.87pt}{\rotatebox{-93}{$\setminus$}}}}}}.


Borrowing (stealing?!) some code from the posting The Principal Value Integral symbol, here are suggested versions of \dashiint and ddashiint; the former has a single horizontal bar going through the double-integral symbol, and the latter has a double horizontal bar. The following screenshot shows the symbols in display style and text (aka inline-math) style.

enter image description here

\usepackage{amsmath}  % for \iint macro
\usepackage{graphicx} % for \rotatebox and \raisebox macros


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.