I usually use \fint to denote normalized integration. I would like to produce the same slanted line across a double integral \iint. The command \fiint does not seem to exist. How can I get this notation for normalized double integrals?

  • In contemporary mathematics, the use of double integrals is often considered to be old-fashioned. Aesthetically, it would be rather ugly, in my opinion.
    – Siminore
    Commented Jul 16, 2016 at 15:39
  • Can you provide a pointer to \fint? I don't know what the symbol looks like, or what package provides it. Commented Jul 18, 2016 at 10:25
  • 1
    the package ofr \fint is esint
    – user110191
    Commented Jul 26, 2016 at 3:25

2 Answers 2


Using amsmath, esint and graphicx packages, you can declare the \fiint math operator in your preample, as: \DeclareMathOperator*{\fiint}{\ensuremath{\iint\text{\kern-1.36em{\raisebox{5.87pt}{\rotatebox{-93}{$\setminus$}}}}}}.


Borrowing (stealing?!) some code from the posting The Principal Value Integral symbol, here are suggested versions of \dashiint and ddashiint; the former has a single horizontal bar going through the double-integral symbol, and the latter has a double horizontal bar. The following screenshot shows the symbols in display style and text (aka inline-math) style.

enter image description here

\usepackage{amsmath}  % for \iint macro
\usepackage{graphicx} % for \rotatebox and \raisebox macros


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .