When I add new words to the dictionary in TeXnicCenter, TeXnicCenter forgets them after I restart it.
I specified the dictionary location correctly and can't see the source of the problem. Help is greatly appreciated.
TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Because you did not tell us the version number of TeXnicCenter you use and your used language I can more or less only guess.
I have an administrator installation of current MiKTeX 2.9 and the current version of TeXnicCenter.
Because I use German the following shows the options for german, but I'm sure you can see the relevant parts you have to change or to check. Please follow the red arrows in the following image. Important is that there is no tick inside the box I marked with an arrow with
Choose in TeXnicCenter (German):
Spelling) to get the following window:
Check the correct language and---if needed the dialect--- (first two arrows), then check that the tick is not activated (arrow with
!), because then your user dictionary is deactivated (!) and check, that the path to your user dictionary is correct (the red part is the user name of your used account).
The english standard options window looks like this:
As you can see, the only use of main dictionary is activated. Deactivate it please.