I've installed bibtex4word exactly per instructions, and the macro seems to be working from within Word, but I don't think Word is able to get bibtex to run and/or produce output correctly (bibtex, and my entire texlive setup works fine otherwise). In experimenting with the test file Test4w.doc, Word reports,
Missing Bibtex log file. C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\bibtex4word.blg
(where Me is obviously my Windows login name) following by a Visual Basic error dialog,
Run-time error '1' Application-defined or object-defined error
That's it. bibtex4word.blg is indeed missing, and is never created anywhere. I've followed all steps in terms of path and environmental variable declarations: BIBEXE is declared and valid (I can open a shell, type %BIBEXE% and get a bibtex response), I've added OPENOUT_ANY = r in C:\texlive\2015\texmf-dist\web2c\texmf.cnf, registered DLLs, Word Object Library is enabled, etc. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with this and could offer any insight into what I might try next. Thanks!