I wanted to type something which was consist of two parts. I wanted to type the first part in left side and the other part, in the same line, but in the left side of paper such as which is written in the image. How can I do it?

Thanks. enter image description here

  • 1
    Perhaps with a tabular environment with lr columntypes, however, with some width specification
    – user31729
    Sep 1 '16 at 13:39
  • Look for the \hfill command.
    – DRi
    Sep 1 '16 at 13:41
  • Dears I don't know how to type such style in Latex!
    Sep 1 '16 at 13:48
  • A typical line of your code will be left stuff \hfill right stuff.
    – James
    Sep 1 '16 at 13:58

You could write something like :



\textbf{University of California, Los Angeles}\hfill Los Angeles, CA

Postdoctoral fellow\hfill 2013-present


which will give you this :

enter image description here

  • Dear DRi, I'd like to thank you so much :). This is what I wanted.
    Sep 1 '16 at 14:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.