This question already has an answer here:

Good afternoon.

I would like to get this (the picture below) but I don't know how to get it and I don't know a name of that. :)

Thanks for help.

enter image description here

marked as duplicate by egreg, Stefan Pinnow, user13907, Zarko, Seamus Sep 21 '16 at 15:41

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 2
    It seems to be math environment cases: \begin{cases}some text\\ some text \end{cases}. For this you need package mathtools. Also iz possible to obtain with array, etc – Zarko Sep 21 '16 at 13:42
  • 2
    Is some text to be set as math, roman text, or italic text? Does the whole construct appear in math mode, or in text mode? – Steven B. Segletes Sep 21 '16 at 13:42
  • For braces in more complex situations, see also the documentation of the empheq package (which loads mathtools anyway). – Bernard Sep 21 '16 at 13:52
  • Since you question is not very clear this can be some regular text in italic shape which has on the left side curly braces. This can be done by use of tikz package with tikzmark library. – Zarko Sep 21 '16 at 13:57

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.