1

With lualatex (version 0.95.0) I see incorrect kerning for the "tt" ligature when using "Source Code Pro" in conjunction with "Libertinus Sans" fonts:

Incorrect kerning

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Libertinus Serif}
\setmonofont{Source Code Pro}
\begin{document}
foo \texttt{foo} twitter.
\end{document}

The same file results in correct output with xelatex on the same machine. I don't know enough about OpenType fonts to determine whether this is a bug in one of the fonts or in LuaTex itself.

The Source Code Pro font is from https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro and Libertinus Serif from https://github.com/khaledhosny/libertinus.

closed as unclear what you're asking by TeXnician, Phelype Oleinik, Stefan Pinnow, user36296, siracusa Sep 27 '18 at 2:54

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Seems like a bug, possibly in luaotfload, but also Libertinus Serif is relevant; it doesn't happen with Linux Libertine O – egreg Oct 10 '16 at 15:12
  • 2
    Update to the latest release of SourceCodePro: github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro/archive/2.030R-ro/… and don’t forget to erase the cache. – Philipp Gesang Oct 20 '16 at 20:05
  • 1
    Philipp Gesang's above comment solves the problem. Just today, I tried the OP's example, and was able to duplicate the problem under a variety of circumstances, using a fresh installation of Source Code Pro, but not the one in Philipp's link. When I downloaded the linked files, installed and refreshed cache, the problem disappeared. – user103221 Dec 31 '16 at 19:32
  • After digging a little, this does indeed fix my problem, thanks. It didn't seem to initially, because I installed the new font version in ~/.fonts (and "fc-list" showed the font being picked up from there), but I also have a TeXLive version installed under texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/adobe/sourcecodepro which is the version picked up by luaotfload. So it's confusing for luaotfload to search differently from the fontcache tools, but that's another issue. – Eric Marsden Jan 1 '17 at 20:51
  • 1
    I'm voting to close this question as solved in comments – user36296 Sep 26 '18 at 21:05

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.