5

I would really like to be able to pull data directly from ODBC databases into LuaLaTeX and it seems as if the LuaSQL package is the way to go. But for the life of me, after a couple of days of trying, I cannot get it to install, even for a standalone Lua installation.

I have tried installing via luarocks - which required me to install Visual Studio 2015 and the Windows 10 SDK for headers etc. - but I can't get it to compile. Lots of messing about trying to make sure there weren't any spaces in folder names, for example, but to no avail.

I have also tried using the Windows binaries available from luaforge.net despite their 2005 date, but can't get lua to load them ("The specified module could not be found").

Is anyone using Lua(La)TeX with LuaSQL successfully? If so, would you mind sharing how you did it?!

closed as unclear what you're asking by Bobyandbob, Mensch, Troy, Przemysław Scherwentke, Stefan Pinnow Dec 27 '17 at 6:14

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • I am coming to the conclusion that my best option is a bespoke build of luatex.exe with LuaSQL baked in - I've asked this question on how to do this. – dsla Nov 7 '16 at 11:45
  • I don't think so, compiling the modules on Windows is the hard task, it is quite easy to place it to a correct directory once it is built. – michal.h21 Nov 7 '16 at 12:27