I am using the package cleveref. So whenever I write \cref{label}, it shows theorem {theorem_number}.

The 't' in theorem is small (so the result is 'theorem'). I want to write it as 'Theorem'.

Which referencing package should I use ?

2 Answers 2


For an initial capital letter in references, just use \Cref{label} (with a capital C).


The cleveref documentation describes this in section 7.1 Capitalising All Cross-Reference Names. See this link documentation

  • I read the pdf. I am struggling with the syntax. I tried \usepackage{cleveref}{capitalize} and \usepackage{cleveref}[capitalize]. But I am getting syntax errors in both cases. Nov 13, 2016 at 11:56
  • Ah. You should add an MWE to your question. Nov 13, 2016 at 12:16
  • What is MWE ? Can you explain ? Nov 13, 2016 at 12:17
  • 2
    @learning_math \usepackage[capitalize]{cleveref}
    – cgnieder
    Nov 13, 2016 at 13:00

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .