I'm looking for a symbol that merges \iint and \oint together (a dedicated package, if it could exist, would provide something like \oiint and \oiiint).

The purpose of \oint is to show that the integration path is closed (it is often used in the definition of the circulation), but the adding one (or two) more integral it is emphasized that the integral is calculated over a surface (\oiint) or over a volume (\oiiint).

Do these symbols exist in the world of LaTeX?


2 Answers 2


wasysym, txfonts, and pxfonts packages provide these symbols. It is always a good idea to check the comprehensive latex symbol list

  • The unicode-math package also provides these, though it also messes with other math commands.
    – jvriesem
    May 12, 2016 at 21:46

Using \oiint \hspace{-13.5pt} \int I was able to create an \oiiint replacement. It uses the \oiint from the esint library. (\usepackage{esint})

Below you can see a before and after. It's a little crammed but it works! This is the only way I got this to work in MikTeX with the default font Computer Serif Modern.

Before and after

  • So how does this scale when using 10pt, 11pt or 12pt document class option?
    – Werner
    Dec 5, 2017 at 0:53

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .