It is the 3rd. question about 'platex' or Japanese.

Question: In one paper or report, I need to write Chinese and Japanese.

 Can I use the \usepackage{CJK}, or what kind of command I should use or write?  



Japanese pLaTeX is incompatible with CJK package, so you can't use CJK package on pLaTeX. Actually it throws no error, but the output from pLaTeX + CJK will be almost always broken (e.g. Commands for changing font-size does not work at all, and Chinese characters are printed in Japanese fonts).

pLaTeX is most suitable for Japanese-only documents. If you need multi-language support, you may choose pdfLaTeX + CJKutf8 package. (This is a little old solution, but seems commonly used.)

%#! pdflatex test.tex



  • 1
    It seems that the \usepackage{xeCJK} is a good idea. – DLIN Dec 13 '16 at 8:41
  • Here is a template on overleaf: zhihu.com/question/41206352. But I do not understand so well. – DLIN Dec 13 '16 at 9:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.