I am struggling with this error:
Unfortunately, the package unicode-data could not be installed. Please check the log file: C:/Users/G/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/pdflatex.log
Error: Command crashed: pdflatex.exe -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode "icml_paper".tex
The MiKTeX Package Manager tries to install a package but fails, otherwise the compilation goes through and I can see the resulting PDF document, which looks fine.
This happens every time I am compiling a ".tex" file with
asymptote drawing in the document. But it seems as though it is not directly related to
asymptote (since compiling
asymptote drawing by running
asym, works fine).
I get the following log message in
2016-12-16 15:39:57, 763-0500 INFO pdflatex - installing package unicode-data triggered by tex\generic\unicode-data\UnicodeData.txt
2016-12-16 15:39:59, 580-0500 INFO pdflatex - mpm: starting package maintenance...
- 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 581-0500 INFO pdflatex - mpm: installation directory: " "
- 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 581-0500 INFO pdflatex - mpm: package repository:
- 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 768-0500 INFO pdflatex - mpm: lightweight database digest: 821702480171a06b6df4bdf9211b13e8
- 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 769-0500 FATAL pdflatex - The operation could not be completed because the following package is unknown:unicode-data
- 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 769-0500 FATAL pdflatex - Info: 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 769-0500 FATAL pdflatex - Source:
- 2016-12-16 15:39:59, 769-0500 FATAL pdflatex - Line: 3291|
I tried to install the package
unicode-data from the CTAN site, this didn't solve the problem.
Any help or suggestions would be very much welcome.
RESOLVED: The problem was that the package was just not in my local package repository (never happened before). In fact, the package was not listed in the MiKTeX Package Manager, so I had installed it manually, which didn't help (I might not have installed it properly after all) after "Changing Package Repository" in MiKTeX Package Manager to the internet based repository, the package did appear in the listing and installing it solved the problem.