0

This question already has an answer here:

I am trying to plot a huge data set. When I tried to compile this with PDFLatex, this gave me memory issues. So I decided to compile this with Luatex. This is giving me error messages which I don't understand fully.

! Undefined control sequence.\sa@placebox ->\newpage \global\pdfpagewidth=\wd \sa@box \global \pdfpageh... \end{document}

! You can't use a prefix with `the character ='.= \end{document}

! You can't use a prefix with `the character ='.= \end{document}

! Undefined control sequence.\sa@placebox...wd \sa@box \global \pdfpageheight=\ht \sa@box \global \pape...\end{document}

! You can't use a prefix with `the character ='.= \end{document}

! Missing number, treated as zero.\global \end{document}

! Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).\global \end{document}

Here's my MWE

\documentclass{standalone}
\usepackage{pgfplots}
\usepackage{tikz}
\pgfplotsset{compat=newest}
\def\axisdefaultwidth{15cm}
\def\axisdefaultheight{15cm}
\pgfplotsset{every axis/.style={scale only axis}}
\begin{document}
\begin{tikzpicture}
\begin{axis}[unbounded coords=jump,
xtick pos=left,
ytick pos=left,
  xlabel= $\omega_r$,
  ylabel= $\omega_i$,
  legend columns=-1,
  legend style={/tikz/every even column/.append style={column sep=0.25cm}},
  xmin=-1000, xmax=3000,
  ymin=-200, ymax=100,
  xtick={-1000,-500,0,500,1000,1500,2000,2500,3000} 
  ]
\addplot [only marks, color=blue,mark size=1.5] table [x index=0, y index =1] {e50_full.dat};
\addplot [only marks, color=black,mark size=1.5] table [x index=0, y index =1] {e55_full.dat};

\addlegendentry{$50\times50$}
\addlegendentry{$55\times55$}


\end{axis}
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

Here are the data set 1, set 2

What is going wrong here?

Edit:

I solved the issue following pschulz's suggestion by changing from standalone class to article. The problem still persists for standalone class. Why is that so?

marked as duplicate by David Carlisle, Community Feb 19 '17 at 11:08

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Could you please integrate a minimal extract from the data in your MWE? – TeXnician Feb 19 '17 at 9:30
  • 1
    As @TeXnician mentioned, your MWE is not really a MWE. Remove all the comments, the unused packages (all except pgfplots). Then, you can also strip down your data. Then you can see if this is the problem. For me, it is not. I can compile your example by not using the standalone class but e.g. article. Which class are you using? Make a real life MWE, best to start with your real document and throw everything away not needed. This is also the best debugging routine. – pschulz Feb 19 '17 at 9:41
  • Also, half of your data is garbage (only Inf in x and y), so you can strip it down, this should relax memory constraints. – pschulz Feb 19 '17 at 9:43
  • @pschulz Thanks for the suggestion. I face no problem with class article and the code compiles fine now. But the problem still persists with standalone class. I'm curious to know why . – Rhinocerotidae Feb 19 '17 at 9:57
  • 1
    I see that. Sorry, i can't help you with that, i don't know much about the standalone class. Perhaps you should rephrase your question, in order to attract the curiosity of the gurus ;) – pschulz Feb 19 '17 at 10:00

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.