I am trying to typeset some Isar code such as isabelle_code in LaTeX (in an ad-hoc fashion). However, I can't find anything like this symbol abs_with_gap and I don't know what it's called. In Isabelle you can write it as \<bar> but the LaTeX \bar is something different I believe.

  • 1
    Isn't that symbol the same as the pipe? It is just typeset like that in some fonts. Otherwise look in the symbols list (texdoc symbols-a4), there might be an explicit symbols called something like textbrokenbar – daleif Mar 6 '17 at 19:11
  • \textbrokenbar seems to give me the right symbol, thanks. – IIM Mar 6 '17 at 19:16

The meaning is probably the same as |... | but you can look through the symbols list (texdoc symbols-a4) for something like textbrokenbar.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.