This question already has an answer here:

enter image description here

Please help me to input a symbol like >---<.

It is like \leftrightarrow but \leftrightarrow is <--->.

marked as duplicate by cfr, Werner, TeXnician, Henri Menke, Mico May 14 '17 at 7:04

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Look for 'to reversed-to reversed' in TikZ manual. – Ross May 14 '17 at 4:36

Or with tikz:


\tikz\draw[>-<] (0,0) -- ++(1em, 0);\par
\tikz\draw[<->] (0,0) -- ++(1em, 0);

enter image description here

  • Probably OP like to have a command, which will draw this "doubletail" symbol :) – Zarko May 14 '17 at 4:57

I can think of two ways:

  1. with the fdsymbol package and some mkern trickery
  2. with some mkern trickery and common symbols.

Here's the code:





Using \texttt{fdsymbol}: $1\doubleY2$

Not using \texttt{fdsymbol}: $1\doubletail2$   


Here's the output:

enter image description here

  • @CarLaTeX: Thank you. I adjusted the example. – El Andi May 14 '17 at 6:02

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.