I've searched everywhere on how to include the following symbol found on page 11 of the first volume of The Art of Computer Programming by Knuth:

enter image description here

The dangerous bend symbol is \dbend or \textdbend but I am unable to find how to include the aforementioned image or symbol, as it seems not to be included in manfnt or any other.

migrated from stackoverflow.com May 29 '17 at 9:02

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.


There is no such symbol. It is actually an image. You can find it in taocpmac.

  \smash{\hbox to0pt{\hskip-\hangindent

The file \figdir/aux.301 is the symbol you are looking for.

  • From what i understand this is some file that Knuth had, I searched his website but could not find the files. would it be possible to get the symbol from somewhere? Or should I just get my own symbol. – Vyraj May 30 '17 at 16:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.