Yesterday a failed USB extraction damaged an important
.tex file for me, I attached the file in a Dropbox link.
When I try to open the
.tex in Texmaker a message suddenly appears that says something like "the encoding is wrong", and on the screen strange symbols appear, like:
<^üøzÖWÿòY÷ÓïßcRøhão3£O¼+F×^>õ¾ûÛo0¿ô¿Lò/q ½ûð=dúóßKtxÇïÏì^®ËÙëßÿx÷áÃÓÌååª<¸<ýûß># '¿ðrcþÛ¿9æôðr}1Ö ¼\«8ß¿þáI|±«ö,.¿CªßüðîÍ·~¹zÿþñgþÿFü=*
It is a frustration, because it is the work of many weeks, I know that it is my fault, but I dont know what I have to do, I am desperated, I tried a lot of things:
- to recover it using the .bak file, but it is very old.
- to open in diferents text editors, like Emacs, Notepad++, and others.
- to change the codification in bash (I use MATE 1.12.1 in my laptop).
Of course I did all of this experiments with a copy of the file.