I am quite new in tex, but now I have to:
- compile several pdfs with the same layout (not so important if separated physically in different files or just as pages in one file)
- from 1 column of datas of a table based data base (at the moment an excel sheet with there column: English + German, containing definitions, + picture) (the datas are filled in by somebody else and changing every so and so months)
- and connected with a picture (of what is explained in the text, so both columns with the same picture in the third column)
searching through the questions here I found several solutions working with .csv files, photon and luatex (like: Import data from a spreadsheet into latex and create multiple pdf files for each row in LaTeX ) - all stuff I never heard about ;) but I am willing to lern. And I will work me through those as necessary. The problem is, that I don't now where to start. And furthermore I have the feeling, that the picture will be a problem, as pictures aren't included in the cells in excel, so they won't be read in any way. So probably I have to use a completely different tool for the table at first place. And then there would be a totally different way anyway.
So my questions:
- which program should be used to generate the table (someone else will do that, so it shouldn't be to complicated or expensive for them, if possible, something easy and common as excel would be great)
- and then of course how to start bringing it into latex - you don't need to give me an already given answer again, I am willing to read through the already existing questions and answers here, but there are so many and with my limited knowledge about it all it would be great to get a hint which of the given answers to try.
- and to change the layout of the final pdf in the .tex file should still be possible, but I guess that would work with every solution.
I hope I could make my problems clear. thanks a lot for your help!