How can I do this symbole in latex ? (if possible with the barre of the middle more straight).

enter image description here

  • @Zarko: Could you tell me in what is duplicate ?
    – Surb
    Sep 20, 2017 at 13:39
  • 1
    that similar question was already asked and answered. see given link, it answer there is helpful to you. if not you should specify what is specific/different in your case
    – Zarko
    Sep 20, 2017 at 13:42

2 Answers 2


Some fonts have such an integral sign built in, but if not, you can always stack a - or $-$ over one.


enter image description here

Built in examples include versions with a slanted bar (denoted \fint) as well as some versions with a horizontal bar.

Those packages with a slanted \fint include: txfonts, pxfonts, esint, and stix.

Versions with a horizontal bar include:

  1. \strokedint from the MnSymbol package, and

  2. \intbar from the stix package.

  • @barbarabeeton Yes I know they are slanted, similar to the OP's graphic. I will note that in my answer. Sep 20, 2017 at 13:59
  • @barbarabeeton Thanks, I have edited my answer to reflect this new info. Sep 20, 2017 at 14:38
  • @barbarabeeton I had explicitly mention at the end of my answer that the various \fint macros have a slanted bar. Need I do more, in your opinion? Sep 20, 2017 at 15:01
  • Let us continue this discussion in chat. Sep 20, 2017 at 15:13

The symbol already exists in esint:

\documentclass[ a4paper]{article}



\[ \fint_{\partial\mathrlap{B_{R}}}u(y)\dd y \]%


enter image description here

  • I like your definition of \dd! (+1). Dec 31, 2020 at 10:52
  • 1
    @HenrikSchumacher: Thank you for your kind appreciation! Actually, credit is not mine: if I remember well, I borrowed it from an answer of egreg on this site.
    – Bernard
    Dec 31, 2020 at 10:57

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.