I recently installed context on my laptop running Debian unstable. The version of context is 2017.05.015 and I installed it using apt.
My intention is to use system fonts in my generated documents, so i followed the instructions provided on the context website (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/simplefonts).
- I set an environment variable in my
.zshrc(i use zsh):
- started a new shell
- updated the font database:
mtxrun --script fonts --reload --force
- and finally ran a command to find the new entries:
mtxrun --script fonts --list --all
Unfortunately I had no luck finding my system fonts located in
usr/share/fonts etc in the database, although the output of the reload command shows that it found system fonts:
fonts | names | identifying system font files with suffix 'AFM' fonts | names | globbing path '/home/julian/.fonts/**.AFM' fonts | names | globbing path '/home/julian/usr/share/fonts/**.AFM' fonts | names | globbing path '/usr/local/share/fonts/**.AFM' fonts | names | 43 system files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 43 hash entries added, runtime 0.146 seconds fonts | names | 135 files rejected due to clashes fonts | names | 182 double lookups in 'mappings' fonts | names | 39 double lookups in 'fallbacks'
I get only the default fonts listed, such as Latin Modern, and can't use system fonts in my documents.
The system font i want to use is referenced like this:
\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [dejavusans] \definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [dejavusans] \definefontfamily [mainface] [tt] [dejavusans] \definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [dejavusans] \setupbodyfont[mainface]