I am citing a paper by Nelder and Mead (1963). However, I would like it to appear as "Nelder--Mead (1963)" instead of "Nelder and Mead (1963)". How can this be achieved?


Use an alias.

Put in the preamble:

\newcommand{\mycitet}[1]{\citetalias{#1} (\citeyear{#1})}

and in the text:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.