0

I have been running Miktex on an older machine (with an older version) for years with no problems and wanted to get the ``latest and greatest'' for a new computer running Windows 7.

Just installed Miktex 2.9 (Console 2.9.6637), everything works just fine except: When running the update for automated package download I got "couldn't resolve proxy name." as the error message.

No remedy on the Miktex FAQs that I can find.

  • Welcome to TeX SX! Did you try without using a proxy? – Bernard Apr 7 '18 at 21:30
  • I will have to check with my sysadmin, but I believe that I do have to use a proxy. – Gavin Hall Apr 7 '18 at 23:24
  • Also thanks for the warm welcome! I've been poking around here, and it looks like a great forum. There was a comment that looked related, and I tried modifying the environment variable using set MIKTEX_MPM_REMOTESERVICE6100=multiplexor which did not seem to lead to a functional update feature and the error switched to "SSL connect error" ... – Gavin Hall Apr 8 '18 at 0:24
  • So, in order to address the issue, I uninstalled all of the Miktex build, and re-installed. This time the error is "Couldn't connect to server" ... – Gavin Hall Apr 8 '18 at 1:28
  • Reinstalled again, and now back to the SSL connect error. – Gavin Hall Apr 8 '18 at 2:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.