This question already has an answer here:

I just saw this symbol in an article of 1990 and was curious about how to display it in latex, but haven't found any answers after googling.

Does anybody know that or tell me it is actually rarely used nowadays?

enter image description here

It's at the end of the paragraph. Thanks a lot!

marked as duplicate by David Carlisle, Bobyandbob, Community Apr 14 '18 at 14:11

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


You already have two possibilities: \lessgtr and \lesseqgtr:


\usepackage{ amssymb}
\begin{document} %

\[ a\lessgtr b\quad c\lesseqgtr d \]%


enter image description here

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.