1

After updating my MikTeX distribution couple of days ago I discovered that search for words with ligatures (such as "fi" in prefix), which has worked before, fails.

Here the MWE illustrating the problem (compilation with xelatex):

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Path=Fonts/,
             Extension=.ttf,
             BoldFont=FrutigerLTCom-Bold,
             ItalicFont=FrutigerLTCom-Italic,
             BoldItalicFont=FrutigerLTCom-BoldItalic]%
            {FrutigerLTCom-Light}
\begin{document}
Prefix.
\end{document}

As discussed here, the line \usepackage{fontspec} enables the correct behaviour.

Adding the font settings \setmainfont[...]{FutigerLTCom-Light} leads to the incorrect behaviour. Is there a bug that possibly has been introduced to the fontspec package or somewhere else in one of the latest MikTeX updates?

closed as off-topic by Kurt, samcarter, siracusa, Troy, Stefan Pinnow Nov 21 '18 at 5:32

  • This question does not fall within the scope of TeX, LaTeX or related typesetting systems as defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    I can confirm that there is problem, not only in miktex but also in texlive 2018. It looks like a xdvipdfmx problem and I did sent a message to the texlive list. – Ulrike Fischer May 4 '18 at 16:08
  • 2
    The problem has been hopefully fixed in the sources. I can't say when it will picked up by miktex. – Ulrike Fischer May 6 '18 at 12:30
  • I updated my MikTeX distribution, but unfortunately I see no changes. BTW, if I use \setmainfont{Times New Roman}, everything works as expected... – Mik May 10 '18 at 16:55
  • I have miktex next here on the PC, perhaps the newest xdvipdfmx isn't yet in the standard miktex. – Ulrike Fischer May 10 '18 at 17:00
  • 4
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it was solved after updating as mentioned in comments. – Kurt Nov 20 '18 at 22:08