My question is very simple: can I setup Textadept and Okular in order to get forward and backward search?
Textadept jumps to Okular with Ctrl+R and compiles my ConTeXt file with Ctrl+Shift+R. That is nice, but it is not enough to me.
I have this line in my
textadept.run.compile_commands.tex = 'mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --autopdf --purge --synctex "%f"'
But seems to me, after Internet searching, that is difficult to achieve my goal.
Just below I have quoted an Aditya's advice about this request, but I have no clue how to handle it yet.
You need to know two commands to setup forward and inverse search: (i) Call textadept to open a specific file at a specific line-number and (ii) Call okular to jump to a specific synctex location. The first is needed for inverse search and the second is needed for forward search.
In relation to my code above, it is worth to note that "synctex=1", "synctex=-1", or simply "synctex", are interchangeable in ConTeXt.
Hans Hagen's statement here says that we have relative small SyncTEX files in ConTeXt because it doesn't use SyncTEX's internal code. Instead, it uses its own logic. However, I have tested SyncTEX in the past with TexWorks and had no problem running forward and inverse search.
Textadept's help page omites SincTEX at all.
My first update:
First things first. I work in a Plasma desktop with context-minimals in /opt/context-minimals/setuptex path.
I use ConTeXt because many reasons. Among other things I can make use of my otf fonts within my /home/username/.font folder.
In order to do that, I added this line into my ~/.bashrc file: source /opt/context-minimals/setuptex. If not, ConTeXt compile my pdf with a fallout font like Latin Modern.
Then, in my home there is a texadept.sh file with this lines inside:
#!/bin/bash source /opt/context-minimals/setuptex
The second line is due to I only could download the portable version.
Well. Therefore, behind my icon for launching Textadept we have the comand "bash /home/username/textadept.sh". That does the trick in order to compile with Textadept using my personal fonts in ~/.fonts, and not with Latin Modern or whatever.
The unsuccessful command I have written in Okular is "/home/username/Software/textadept_10.0_beta_2.x86_64/textadept" "%f" -e textadept.editing.goto_line(%l-1)
Neither when I switch to "bash /home/edu/textadept.sh" "%f" -e textadept.editing.goto_line(%l-1)
For the moment that is my update.