6

I installed TeXlive 2018 on Windows 8.1 a few months ago (when it just came out). I updated the installation a few times since that initial install, without any problems.

Today I wanted to get the latest files and I did the usual:

tlmgr update --self, 

followed by

tlmgr update --all

This is what I get (seems similar to a problem reported two week ago for Windows 10).

[in fact it is the third run of update --all, before it failed for the abnt and acmart packages, hence the skipping forcibly removed package abnt skipping forcibly removed package acmart messages]

C:\Users\goossens\goossenswork\lwarp>tlmgr update --all
xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt
tlmgr.pl: package repository http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/ctan/systems/texlive/
tlnet (not verified: gpg unavailable)
tlmgr.pl: saving backups to C:/texlive/2018/tlpkg/backups
skipping forcibly removed package abnt
skipping forcibly removed package acmart
[  1/103, ??:??/??:??] update: alegreya [14131k] (48170 -> 48339) ... xz: (stdin
): Compressed data is corrupt
TLPDB::_install_package: Decompressing C:\Users\goossens\AppData\Local\Temp\z5z_
0BM_nz\YYsHMQWGq8/alegreya.tar.xz failed
tlmgr.pl: Installation of new version of alegreya failed, trying to unwind.
Cannot open tlpobj file: C:/texlive/2018/tlpkg/tlpobj/alegreya.tlpobj at C:/texl
ive/2018/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm line 70.

Any hint what the problem could be?

Thanks

UPDATE:

Trying to re-install the package acmart (which was forcibly removed by tlmgr update in my second try) and using a Swiss repository, I still get a similar error message.

C:\Users\goossens\goossenswork\lwarp>tlmgr install acmart
xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt
tlmgr.pl: package repository http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/tex/systems/texlive/tlnet (not verified: gpg unavailable)
[1/1, ??:??/??:??] install: acmart [6470k]
tar: Skipping to next file header
untar: untarring C:\Users\goossens\AppData\Local\Temp\u3V8gSH7KSIgE7FQYbxB/acmart.tar failed (in C:/texlive/2018/texmf-dist)
TLPDB::_install_package: untar failed
tlmgr.pl: package log updated: C:/texlive/2018/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log
  • 1
    You could try another mirror. If this doesn't help I suggest to write to the texlive mailing list. – Ulrike Fischer Aug 20 '18 at 13:06
  • 2
    Hello Michel :-) – David Carlisle Aug 20 '18 at 15:15
  • 1
    I just did an update now and got: ....[ 3/66, 00:07/01:29:18] update: alegreya [14131k] (48170 -> 48339) ... done [ 4/66, 00:54/04:43] update: apxproof [565k] (47665 -> 48377) ... done.... so it does look like an issue with your mirror – David Carlisle Aug 20 '18 at 15:20
  • Always in these kind of cases, please attach the output of tlmgr update -v --all otherwise we cannot debug it. As David wrote, I can only guess that it was a problem with your mirror, or some intermediate proxy. – norbert Aug 21 '18 at 0:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.