This question already has an answer here:

This question is as simple as it gets. There's a symbol used for certain polynomials in my area of expertise that I'm completely unfamiliar with, and I'm not sure how to look up the code for the symbol, so I figured I'd ask here. enter image description here

marked as duplicate by egreg math-mode Oct 28 '18 at 18:59

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


With detexify, I immediately found it:






  • Thanks. I guess if you open your mind it kind of looks like an S. I've seen mathfrak used before but only for a few letters. – Matt Samuel Oct 28 '18 at 18:41
  • @MattSamuel I'm sorry if I hurt you. I just wanted to indicate an online way to solve this kind of problem. – AndréC Oct 28 '18 at 18:44

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.