Two weeks ago i observe that in recent days (after last Windows upgrade at January 1st ?) the MikTeX Console stop works. Clicking on its icon show some activities that it (try to) start, but its window doesn't appear on screen.
Then i try to reinstall MikTeX, but after selecting it in control panel and clicking on button "uninstall" nothing happen.
I like to update my MikTeX installation as well to add new path for searching in new sub directories which i create recently for some my new private style packages.
Do anyone experience something similar? Any suggestion what to do?
I use 64.bit MikTeX an for OS Window 10 with recent updates from 1.1.2019 (KB4483234, KB4477137).
Edit: Thank you very much to all who write comments. They help me in searching for solution of the my problem. It is now solved. In this I use brute force:
- install new disk (since capacity of the old one became to small) in my laptop
- define new users names with only 7-bit ASCII characters (but last year it works with ščž ... too)
- download recent MikTeX 64-bit basic installer and with it install MikTeX for private use
- test Console: it works!
- test uninstall: it works!
- reinstall MikTeX: it works now!