Is there a LaTeX symbol for \models that goes both ways? All I need is another vertical line at the end.

  • 3
    Welcome to TeX.SE! Like here?
    – user121799
    Jan 24, 2019 at 6:11

3 Answers 3


Like this?

A \mymod B

enter image description here


Set a new math relation that joins \models and \rvert:

enter image description here




$A \modelsm B$


It’s in unicode-math, stix and stix2 as \gleichstark. The Unicode symbol ⧦ is U+29E6. The default math font, Latin Modern Math, does not contain it as of January 2019, but many others do.

\documentclass[varwidth, preview]{standalone}

\defaultfontfeatures{Scale = MatchUppercase}
\setmainfont{STIX Two Text}[Scale=1.0]
\setmathfont{STIX Two Math}

\( \sigma \gleichstark \tau \)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.