Does anyone know how you would type this in latex?enter image description here

Thank you!

  • Welcome to TeX.SE!! What have you tried so far? It is important for us to see your work using an MWE that you provide. Anyway, you could use frac and cases commands. Try it. – manooooh Feb 6 '19 at 18:24

The amsmath package is the go-to for typesetting maths in LaTeX. I would suggest reading an online tutorial to get a grasp of the basics - the Mathematics page on the Wikibook and the overleaf tutorial are good places to start.

As for the expression, a simple trick to produce a curly brace spanning several lines is to put those lines in an array and surround the array with the delimiters \left\{ and \right. (the first prints the brace, the second nothing):

\usepackage{amsmath} % Typsetting math in LaTeX

    \begin{equation*} % Unumbered equation environment for displayed math.
        \frac{GHQ_{T+2}}{GHQ_{\text{baselevel}}} % Fraction; note \text{} command for baselevel text
        = \left\{ % left deliminter
        \begin{array}{l} % Array with a single, Left-justified column
            > 1.15\\
            0.85 \leq 1.5\\
        \right. % right deliminter (required)


example output png large

  • 1
    Although the cases environment is probably better (see the duplicate for an example). – Teepeemm Feb 6 '19 at 19:13

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.