0

I'm using Jabref and Texstudio and I have the following reference:

@Article{Williams2016,
  author        = {S. W. Williams and F. Martina and A. C. Addison and J. Ding and G. Pardal and P. Colegrove},
  title         = {Wire + Arc Additive Manufacturing},
  journal       = {Materials Science and Technology},
  year          = {2016},
  volume        = {32},
  number        = {7},
  month         = {Feb},
  pages         = {641-647},
  doi           = {10.1179/1743284715Y.0000000073},
  eprint        = {https://doi.org/10.1179/1743284715Y.0000000073},
  url           = { https://doi.org/10.1179/1743284715Y.0000000073},
  publisher     = {Taylor \& Francis},
}

For some reason only the title is not showing up in the PDF when I compile the document, other information instead is fine. All other references (130 of them) work fine. I tried removing the but to no avail. Is there a mistake in the code that I'm not seeing?

put on hold as unclear what you're asking by Kurt, JouleV, Stefan Pinnow, Raaja, flav Feb 15 at 5:33

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Which bibliography style do you employ? FWIW, I am unable to reproduce the issue you describe if I create a test LaTeX document that loads the natbib package and employs the abbrvnat bibliography style. – Mico Feb 12 at 5:49
  • Apologies, the style is spphys from Springer. So it seems that there's no error in the code itself then? – enea19 Feb 12 at 6:00
  • The BibTeX code looks fine to me. Did you check the .blg (“bibtex log”) file for any error and/or warning messages? – Mico Feb 12 at 6:45
  • I'm not sure how to open the .blg file. I checked the .log file instead and searched for both the title of the reference and the author but both turned up nothing. I have added a couple more references to the document in the meanwhile and they compile correctly. It seems that there is a problem with this specific reference. – enea19 Feb 12 at 7:29
  • 2
    How about you add a link to your version of spphys.bst to your question, then you add an @article entry that does show the title and one that doesn't and complete that to a so-called MWE (tex.meta.stackexchange.com/q/228/35864 and tex.meta.stackexchange.com/q/4407/35864). Without more details this is all speculation. – moewe Feb 12 at 7:56

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.