(See my working and system context below)
I have downloaded a package (genealogytree) and added it to the texmf folder in MikTex 2.9 in the appropriated subfolders.
initexmf --update-fndbfrom the cmd
I added the path of the new package in texMaker configuration.
When I run pdflatex in my tex file, that have as second line the command
TeXMaker tries to get the internet connection to download the package.
Clearly I get an error message, given I cannot do it (see below details of my system and working context).
- the package itself works properly, because if I paste all its file on my tex file folder, TexMaker compiles pdflatex properly.
However, this is an un-efficient way to work, because I have to make several tex files with this package.
- Also did try the same (unsuccessfully), by placing the package in a local texmf folder in my personal user folder.
So, my question is, what to do in order to make my latex system to recognize the path of the new package.
MY WORKING CONTEXT IS AS FOLLOWS:
- I am working with windows 8 system and running MikTex2.9 from TexMaker 4.2
- My internet service DOES NOT allow me to update or install NOTHING direct from the web.
- The package manager does not work, given that I can not have a TCP IP connection, and so I get the usual error message:
MiKTex Package Manager Error Message “Couldn't connect to server”
- so, I cannot update and or re install the previous version.
My installed version is:
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.15 (MiKTeX 2.9 64-bit) (preloaded format=pdflatex 2018.11.12) 14 FEB 2019 20:20